Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Council of the Elders: Evi


Dear friends of the Rainbow Village,
My name is Evi Belogia and I am 31 years old. I am from Greece and I have been working as a teacher of English at Greek state schools for the last 8 years. I was born and raised in Larissa, a city in central Greece, but I have also lived in various places in Greece. Specifically, I have lived for 6 years in Thessaloniki , the second largest city in Greece, where I completed my studies in English language and literature and I’ve also attended a postgraduate course on ‘sciences of language and communication’. I have also lived for another six years on two picturesque Greek islands, Karpathos (for two years) and Skiathos (for four years) where I worked as a teacher of English. 
However, I must admit that none of the places I have lived in can be compared to the Rainbow Village, where I’m currently living and working. The magic scenery and the wonderful, kind-hearted people I have met here will be in my heart for ever.
As you might have figured out from the way I’m expressing myself, I am quite the romantic type, the kind that loves films with a happy ending, that enjoys listening to music or reading poetry while it’s raining outside, that gets excited to see a rainbow after a heavy rain, that adores ladybugs, fairytales and, of course, working with children – especially with those creative, imaginative, smart kids who are now living in the Rainbow Village with us!
 For better or worse, I can also be described as a workaholic and a perfectionist, but I try to make the most of my free time by squeezing in as much as I can. The things I enjoy the most are reading novels, watching films, meeting friends, surfing the net and attending concerts.
I consider myself really lucky for being a resident of the Rainbow Village and having the chance to meet and work with so many wonderful, special people.
 And if you ever feel like visiting us, you don’t have to use any means of transport or travel for hours to find us. Just close your eyes, let your imagination run free, and you will be here with us in a blink of an eye!

Lots of kisses,
Evi

No comments:

Post a Comment